Saturday, June 18, 2005

Faster Than Without Water

That's a line from the Arcade Fire about dying from lack of sleep. I don't think you can really live longer without water than sleep, but I don't want to find out. Fortunately, I have plenty of water, and as soon as the ambien hits my system, I'll have sleep too.
Oh goodness. Far, far too much to fit into this post. Taking a cab home at 6:00am this morning, we drove along the edge of the Bay for about a mile -- it was incredible. There are no buildings between the road and the Bay, giving you an unobstructed view of what seems like miles and miles of sapphire blue water. I've never seen water that dark and sparkling blue before. I wish I could have asked the driver to pull over for a picture, but his English wasn't so good, and of course my Icelandic is non-existent/an abomination, and I was afraid he would misunderstand and think crazy American girl wanted to be left by the side of the road. So here is a picture of me in my sleep mask instead.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home